Proprioceptive-Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR)® is a product of the original thought and investigations of orthopedic surgeon Dr. José Palomar. This work recognizes that sensory receptors (such as those for touch, pressure, hot, cold, pain, etc.), and the way the body processes the information from these receptors, are paramount in determining neuromuscular responses throughout the entire body.
Motor function is not just determined by the motor system, but rather is modified by the inputs from these receptors. These receptors all send information to the brain for processing and the brain takes this feedback into account when making decisions regarding our movement. If this information is incorrect, as is often the case, the brain is making decisions based on bad information. The result is typically pain and dysfunction. Using a comprehensive system of manual muscle testing and neural challenges, involved receptors can be located and normal, pain-free function can be quickly restored.
Most forms of therapy rely exclusively on addressing the “hardware” of the body, neglecting the fact that much of the pain and dysfunction we experience is often actually a problem with our “software”. To use an analogy, if your computer has a software bug, changing the monitor or keyboard will not solve the problem. P-DTR® works by effectively identifying, isolating, and eliminating those bugs. The work is rapid, tremendously effective, and unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
Some of the benefits of P-DTR® include:
- Maximizes balance and stability throughout the body
- Reduces or ends acute pain in as little as a single session
- Achieves quick, long-lasting results
- Treats the problem rather than the symptoms
- Optimizes athletic performance
- Resolves problems you thought you’d “just have to live with”
- Accelerates recovery from acute injury
- Increase range of motion, strength, and stamina
- Eliminates lingering dysfunction and pain from chronic injuries
- Improves muscle function and coordination in a short amount of time
- Does away with the weakened effects of repetitive stress
Watch Dr. Jose Palomar using P-DTR® to diagnose and resolve painful calf cramping in minutes: